Position: Genetic Counselor
This is a full-time salaried position. The genetic counselor will join the DDC Clinic team for collaborative efforts in patient care, research, and our molecular diagnostics laboratory. A large part of the genetic counselor’s work (approx. 60%) will be clinical research related, particularly cardiogenetic research by providing genetic counseling to the research participants.
As a member of the team, the genetic counselor will also participate in the evaluation of new patients, assist physicians with genetic testing decisions, provide pre-test and post-test genetic counseling services to families. In addition, the genetic counselor will provide genetic counseling services to families and ordering providers for genetic testing performed by the DDC Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory.
- Provide genetic counseling related to known or potential genetic diagnosis, inheritance, recurrence risks, testing options, test results and research participation.
- Participate in clinic and collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to establish an appropriate plan of patient care and research participation.
- Facilitate genetic testing and research participation for patients and families.
- Support patients in identifying resources relating to medical and non-medical needs.
- Occasionally present genetic education at community and provider education events.
- Develop and distribute print material to support and promote education events.
- Serve as the direct laboratory contact for outside clinicians.
- Master’s degree in genetic counseling or equivalent; American Board of Genetic Counseling certification or American Board of Medical Genetics certification in genetic counseling; State of Ohio genetic counseling license. Board and license eligible candidates may be considered.
- 2+ years of related genetic counseling experience preferred, previous research experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Medical, dental and life insurance available. Paid Time Off and 403-b retirement plan.
Patti Gallagher, DDC Clinic Operations Director, at 440-632-1668 or Patti@ddcclinic.org for more information.